If you've been inspired by Bali holidays, Planted Passion can help create your own piece of paradise at home. A Bali garden is lush, tropical in style featuring a mix of leaf shapes, plant heights, and bold flower colours.
Water features in the Balinese garden can be a wall fountain, a pond, or a small catchment of water in a stone pot. Add a tall papyrus plant or a flowering Lotus and you have created a beautiful Bali water garden. Trickling water can minimise noise from your neighbourhood and create a tranquil space.
Outdoor dining and seating areas are a must for the Bali style garden, offering a place to relax and entertain. Our landscaping services include building timber structures such as pavilions, decks and daybeds. We can craft pergolas for shade with integrated bench seating and built in barbeques.
Director, Neil Miles, knows how to effectively group tropical plants to create a microclimate where they will flourish, even in a cooler climate.
The layered effect in tropical gardens requires the planting of structural plants such as trees and palms, forming the "bones" of your Bali garden design, to which Planted Passion will add foliage and flowers. Our ongoing garden maintenance can clip and tidy-up your plants, and we can fill in any gaps over the years to come.
With a focus on soil improvement and plant health, we build Balinese gardens that thrive.
Bali Garden design ideas:
- • Stone pieces in light or dark colours
- • Masses of large leaves, glossy and green
- • Outdoor seating and dining areas
- • Daybeds loaded with large soft cushions for relaxing and reading
- • Lanterns and candles placed through the garden and along pathways
- • Stepping stones and pebble pathways
- • Water features either against walls or integrated into garden beds
- • Large stone pots filled with plants or used as water features
- • Colourful silky fabrics on upholstery and as flags
Our expertise in plant selection means we can create a tropical style garden using plants that are more tolerant to cold. Plants to consider for your Balinese style garden include:
- • Bougainvillea, used in pots or hedging
- • Frangipani and Hibiscus
- • Ginger
- • Palms
- • Ixora
- • Strelitzia
- • Citrus trees for gloss leaves, flowers and fruit
- • Cordylines and Flaxes for colour and form
- • Clivea
- • Cannas
If you have brought some unique pieces of artwork or carvings back home with you, we can certainly integrate these into your Bali garden design.
Contact Planted Passion to start planning your Balinese garden today.
Get a no-obligation, free quote for any of the services above.